Landscaping can increase a home’s resale value by as much as 14%. Construction of a home putting green can take as little as three days for a small putting green, but most projects take one week to complete. When it comes to entire golf courses, however, landscaping improvements can offer so much more.
Jack Nicklaus — the Golden Bear — is regarded as the greatest golfer of all time. During a span of more than 25 years, he won a record 18 Major championships, along with 19 second-place finishes and win third-place finishes. He’s been out of the professional golf scene for a while now, at least as a player being that he’s 78 years old and all, but he still is very involved.
For nearly 35 years, Nicklaus’ golf design company has eight offices across six countries and more than 300 golf courses (and counting). His business is not one of the most successful design firms of his generation.
According to KTAR, Nicklaus’ Scottsdale golf course is currently undergoing some serious landscape renovations — worth about $13 million.
Renegade, a private golf course in the Phoenix area and the first of Nicklaus signature courses, is undergoing $13 million in landscape renovations. Golf Digest once called Renegade “the most versatile course in the world.
“We want to make it more user-friendly but also keep the integrity of the course that has been here since day one,” Nicklaus said. “I can usually look at a piece of ground and visualize how I think golf should be played. And I’ve always had the ability to put that game of golf on the ground.”
Here are some of the best golf courses designed by Jack Nicklaus’ design firm:
- Mayacama Golf Club, Santa Rosa, Calif.
- Cabo Del Sol (Ocean), Los Cabos, Mexico
- Valhalla Golf Club, Louisville
- Punta Espada Golf Club, Cap Cana, Dominican Republic
- Sebonack Golf Club, Southampton, N.Y.
- Castle Pines Golf Club, Castle Rock, Colo.
- Shoal Creek, Shoal Creek, Ala.
- Jack Nicklaus Golf Club Korea, Incheon City, South Korea
- Muirfield Village Golf Club, Dublin, Ohio
- Quivira Golf Club, Cabo San Lucas, Baja Sur, Mexico
“I suppose this is my landscape,” Nicklaus added. “I am a painter and this is what I am painting.”