The sudden disappearance of Flight 370 has raised many questions in the minds of people but so far not a single question has been properly addressed. In this article, we will address the most common and unaddressed questions penetrating in your chambers of thoughts pertaining to missing flight of Malaysia.
What’s the latest?
On Saturday, the acting Transport Minister of Malaysia Hishammuddin Hussein rebuffed to rule out the possibility of any survivor. He said that “We are praying and continuously searching to find some possible survivors”. He was totally ambiguous when he was making this statement. He was of the opinion that I did not want to give false hopes but I myself not sure about this ambiguity.
To confirm it, a private news agency made to a call to aviation specialist John Ransom and asked him the same question. John said that “there are very least chances of survival in such situation but we cannot rule out that all are dead”.
Wait a minute. Didn’t I hear a few days ago that there was no chance of survivors?
Yes, it is absolutely right. Malaysian authorities made this statement few days ago but it did not expect the anguish and anger of the relatives of missing passengers. Malaysian authorities forwarded the following text message to all relatives:
Many relatives were angered Monday when they received this bluntly worded text message: “Malaysia Airlines deeply regrets that we have to assume beyond a reasonable doubt that MH370 has been lost and that none of those on board survived,” it read.
After receiving this message, Cheng Li Ping said to a private TV channel that “My heart cannot handle it and I do not know what happened to my husband”.
Where is the new search area?
The next search area is of 1100 kilometers northeast of where the last search had been concentrated. It is off to West coast of Australia and 644 kilometer closed to Australian land.
But what about all those floating objects spotted by satellites?
The acting Transport Minister of Malaysia Hishammuddin Hussein said that “the new search area could be a turning point and it is supposed to be very important”. On the other hand, Australian Maritime Safety Authority general manager of emergency response John Young said that “We have found nothing and on the basis of provided satellite images we could not confirm that it was the debris of the missing jet”.
Could currents have carried the debris there?
Oceanographer Charitha Pattiaratchi of University of Western Australia said that “I do not think the new zone would be having any debris of the missing jet and the projected zone is weaker than the previous zones”.